THE ASSOCIATION OF HONG KONG PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT IMPORTERS LIMITED
The Association of Hong Kong Photographic Equipment Importers Limited（APEI）was founded in 1983 and is the only trade association for importers of photographic equipment in Hong Kong.
1. To consider and discuss all questions affecting the photographic trade and disseminate such information to all members and protect their interests in the photographic trade.
2. To collect and circulate among all members customer credit information and other information relating to the trade to assist members in the assessment of business environment.
3. To originate and promote improvements in the law that affects the photographic trade by giving appropriate views to the Government and Legislature.
4. To promote just and honorable practice in the conduct of business and to suppress malpractice.
5. To organize and promote photographic activities and exhibitions to further develop the photographic market.
6. To raise the professionalism of persons engaged in the trade through education and training.
The Association of Hong Kong Photographic Importers engages itself in the mission of promoting the photographic trade. At present, it has a membership of twenty-two companies representing most of the major photographic importers, distributors and agencies in Hong Kong. It is being recognized as the leading professional trade organization.